Sunday, December 1, 2013


Me and my little art!

When I was a child, my father shared me this two quotes "IMAGINATION, is the most powerful nation in this planet earth."(he forgot the author) and "KNOWLEDGE is a heritage of man, but only those who have courage can inherit it". Every time I am task to something that is kinda hard, I will always remember these two quotes. It inspires me in doing my  projects on my own and making it more presentable. Here are some of my art works. Hope you will enjoy my blog.


Table Skirting

This is one of my favorite past times during my high school days. I've learned this through watching. Every time I've seen something done by hand and if it is beautiful and interesting, I will really try it at home


Materials needed:


 1.Table and Cloths


In table, you can use any shape, either round or square shaped table as long as it is made of wood so that you can easily attached the cloth using thumbtacks.

In cloth, you can use two different colors, depending on what you liked. It is more elegant to look if you use white cloth for your top cloth and use any color on your runner/table skirt.






 2. Thumbtacks and Pins


Thumbtacks


As we know, thumbtacks and pins are pointed so you should be careful in using these, you have to use thimble for your safety. Don't bite pins, it is not lollipop you might swallow it. Do not use rusty pins or thumbtacks, you can't avoid pricks, and it might  give you a bigger problem.

To make your design more attractive, you can use pins with heads and has different colors. Don't forget to use thimble.
Headed Pins


                    
    Regular Pins





You can now start your design.

Diamond Design



Start form the back portion of your table to hide the tip of the cloth.

Five inches from the tip of the cloth, fold about two inches of the cloth making a pleats. Do it consecutively until you finish the whole table.

Count the number of pleats and pair it to make a V shaped and repeat the procedure in the lower part making a diamond shaped. Be sure that the distance between the pins are equal . Repeat it until you reach the end of the cloth.



The  lower part of the cloth will be folded upward to make a different design. You can make a wave-like design or flower design.

The upper part of the cloth will be folded inward or you can pull the inside part of the pleats to make a rose petals design.






Pineapple Design












Simple and easy!. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment